EZ-MES is a realtime browser based Manufacturing Execution System. You can decide if you would like to take care of the hosting of EZ-MES on your own internal server, or if you would let us take care of it.
In all cases the use of the client is simple: the EZ-MES Web Application runs on any device with a modern browser on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.
Option 1: We do the hosting for you
We can host your EZ-MES applications on Amazon Web Services. This offers great scalability and flexibility to change your plan at any time you require. So if you don't know which plan to use, just start on the lowest level, and upgrade as needed. We have developed our own Amazon Machine Images with EZ-MES pre-installed. These Machine Images can be launched within an hour.
Amazon Web Services
Computing on the Cloud is easier than you think. For our MES application we use the Amazon Web Services 'Cloud Computing'. We have extensive experience with the following Amazon services:
- EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Automated Snapshots Backups
- CloudWatch (automated server health monitoring)
This also gives the ability to scale up much quicker. It is not uncommon to take about 1 week to get a server online and running, with Amazon now a new server can be launched in less than an hour. These benefits and the reliability has made it an ideal solution.
Amazon has extensive security measures in place to protect your data.
Using the Amazon Firewall Features we can lock down the system by only allowing specific IP addresses to access the system. Using this security feature we can make sure that all your applications are protected and can only be accessed by you.
Option 2: Host EZ-MES on your own internal server
We provide support for installing EZ-MES on your servers and databases, as we have done for numerous customers. One condition is that you give us remote access for the period required to install and update the application.
Server and Database requirements
We recommend the following configuration:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2016 through Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Database: SQL Server 2016 through SQL Server 2012.
- Application: EZ-MES makes use of Microsoft IIS, as it comes standard with the Windows server environment.
- EZ-MES can run on one server, to improve performance for high demanding customers, separate servers for SQL and IIS are preferable.
- Quad Core CPU recommended especially if you are running both SQL and IIS on the same server.
- 16 GB Minimum RAM suggested
- .NET 4.5 Installed.