EZ-MES is a product of EazyWorks Inc.
EazyWorks Inc. is privately held and founded in 2005. We offer browser based applications and services for small and mid-sized manufacturing companies. We are headquartered in Fullerton, California. A number of reasons make EazyWorks stand out. Our premium product EZ-MES is a real time browser based Manufacturing Execution System for managing, tracking, controlling, documenting and improving work-in-process on a factory floor.
Extensive Experience in Manufacturing
EazyWorks did not start as a group of programmers creating a solution for manufacturing companies. The team at EazyWorks has hands on experience in managing production at small and mid-size companies. This experience has the following advantages:
- We understand what you want; it will take you much less effort to explain issues where you need help. We just need a couple of words.
- We have hands on experience with:
- Standards like ISO 9001, Telcordia e.g. GR1221, AS9100, etc.
- We know how to deal with Yield, Rework and Probability.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- We understand that solutions for small fast growing companies have to be flexible and scalable: that is what we kept in mind while developing EZ-MES.
- We know how operators interact with the system and made the user-interface simple to operate.
- We can help you setting up an implementation plan that will result in minimal disruptions of your current operations.
- We know that not everybody is a programmer, therefore our system is fully configurable to fit it to your needs.
We are transparent, this is shown in the following:
- Simple and transparent pricing structure. All prices are available on our Website. No hidden fees, like a limited number of users, or modules that you forgot to purchase but needed anyway.
- All our documentation is online, so you don't have to buy our software to read the manuals.
- In case you decide to move to another software package, no problem, we will help you to port the data. After all it is your data.
- We do not claim any IP. The source code for our products can be made available to all our customers
- This transparency only goes one way, due to the high tech nature of our customers we have NDA's in place with most of them. For any release of information we first ask permission from our customers.
We help you anywhere we can with:
- We help you to get a running start. Just send us a production flow and we will take care that EZ-MES will be configured with your flow. This is probably the fastest way to learn the system.
- Extensive Context Sensitive Help pages that are connected to the user-interface, just click the question-mark in the upper right corner, and the related help page will popup.
- Call or mail us with your needs, and we do it together.
Browser Based and Scalable
After having the experience of rolling out different versions of an application to all the user points, we decided that a browser based solution is the way to go. Some advantages:
- If you decide to let us do the hosting, it will give you the huge advantage of being highly scalable. You need a more powerful server, we can have you up and running within an hour. We use Amazon Web Services and have preconfigured server images ready to launch.
- Invisible updates. No more issues with having an old version and being afraid to update. We will take care that your application keeps running using the newest features.
- Hardware independent, as long as it is connected to the internet, you will be able to run our application without installing any software
The EazyWorks team has extensive hands on experience in High Tech Manufacturing. When we operated a fiber optic component manufacturer we ran into the limits of Excel (The de facto world number one production tracking system). To cope with higher production volumes a production tracking system is needed with the following requirements:
- Affordable, we were just a small company of about 40 people, with a limited budget
- We should be able to configure the system ourselves without the need of a small army of consultants
- The system should be flexible, handle many different operations, dicing, assembly, wafer processing etc
- The system should be able to track complex product genealogy, with non-discrete materials like glues for example
- The system should be simple to use for the operators and have an intuitive user interface to help reduce input errors
- The system had to be able to cope with fast changes, production changes, new production flows etc
- All stored information has to be open and simple to access using analysis programs like MATLAB and JMP
- Low IT overhead
We ended up developing a production tracking system ourselves. This wasn't an ideal situation either. It took quite some time to implement, and the platform we chose, Microsoft Access, proved to be a pain to maintain across the entire company.
Realizing that there are a lot more high tech manufacturing companies out there with similar challenges, we decided to start EazyWorks. Using our experience, both the good and the bad, we developed the tool we wished we had when we were running manufacturing operations. And to be honest, we have succeeded.
Better information supply will lead to better decision making, which will improve your bottom line. We developed a system that will help you answer questions fast and efficiently. We will continue to develop this system to address new questions that will surface in the manufacturing environment.
Meanwhile we keep the total Cost of Operation low by using browser based technologies, thus eliminating most IT overhead. We make our systems straight forward to operate, simple to enter and retrieve data but also easy to configure. This all results in a lower cost for your organization, and will free up time so that you are better prepared to make informed decisions.
While developing our system we continuously monitor the different users:
- Management (enter in the orders and get the real time processed data)
- Operators (enter the real data on the work floor)
- IT/Engineers (to configure the system)
And last, we think it is very important to set up a system with a bottom up approach, the real data of your company is generated on the work floor. We will take care that the data entry at that point is simple and real time. From there it is just data processing.
We are very fortunate to have started developing our system using the latest technologies. That is one big advantage being relatively new in the market. We don’t have to deal with the integration of legacy code.
We also have the benefit of a fully tested and utilized Amazon AWS EC2 computing cloud. This allows us to give virtually infinite growth and scalability if needed without any migration hassles or equipment investments. Contact us for more details.